Monday 10 September 2012

"To Britain's Shores"; Leofric The Drunkard

As you can tell, I
don't like painting
faces.
After that sterling performance in the Saxon raid on Mill-town on Key-nes, it seemed to me that good old Leofric needed a figure. Finding a Saxon drunk in 28mm is not easy, so after a bit of searching I gave up and headed for the spares box, in this case, lots of Gripping Beast and Wargames Factory Saxons of various types.

As it turned out, what I ended up using was a spare Gripping Beast metal figure - it's in fact the "Penda - last Pagan king" one. He's meant to have an axe in his hand, but this being Leofric, he's got a drinking horn (from a Wargames Factory Saxon Thegns musician) instead.

Painting was the usual approach - Army Painter plate mail spray, Army Painter acrylics and Strong Tone ink wash. Leofric's based on a 2p piece, with Tamiya Dark Earth texture paint, and static grass from Javis Spring Green and Gale Force 9 Arid Grass.
James doing his photography
homework.

The photo was taking using an improvised light box - a Really Useful Box, a piece of white card and some Javis basing material - by my son James. who had 'macrophotography' as his homework from photography club at school this week.

He's hired, I think!

2 comments:

  1. Great conversion, I don't think he will be able to find the right ship home after plundering

    ReplyDelete
  2. And may the pagan Gods bless his piratical expedition for new land and fresh supplies of ale in the isle of Britannia, Mike!! Great conversion!

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...