My aim, if there's sufficient reception to make it worthwhile, is to produce a 20-30 minute episode every month or so, which will have a couple of regular features plus a longer piece, which may be me thinking aloud about something, a review, a chat with someone else, or who knows.
The podcast episodes themselves will be labelled 'podcast', so that the iTunes feed on Feedburner can pick them up: in addition, they and any posts about the podcast will be labelled "the miller's tale". Assuming I've configured it right, the podcast should be available in iTunes pretty soon.
A few questions pre-answered:
- Why not? :D There are a number of wargames-related podcasts I enjoy, and I wanted to add to the mix
- Why "The Miller's Tale"?
- You might as well ask why "Trouble at t'Mill".
- Ok then. Why "Trouble at t'Mill"?
- That would be because we live in what used to be the miller's house in Werrington, Peterborough, and the disused windmill (which sadly we don't own!) in the picture above is at the bottom of our garden.
- What are you using to record this?
- Currently, a MacBook Pro, Apple's Garageband, and a USB podcast mike from Maplin. I'm aware the podcast isn't perfect, soundwise, but I'm working on learning my craft.
- What's the music?
- The various incidental stings are Garageband library jingles; the main theme is something I put together using some Garageband loops and a bit of MIDI programming.