Saturday 6 July 2013

Metagames Con Peterborough

Back from a fun day at Metagames Con, run by the Regional Peterborough Gaming Society, about whom I knew nothing until last week :D

My only real complaint was that it was a bit on the warm side today - fortunately we had a big fan right next to our two display games, we we were pretty ok, although my car was hot when I got back to it.

Our club put on two games - one a Chain of Command demo, the other a 40K game. Make the most of it - you won't see pictures of 40K on here often! As for the Chain of Command, you'll have to wait for the full report for a while: in summary, though, Gary took the Germans to my British, and we agreed on a win for the British after my Force Morale was reduced to 1.

In addition there were games of X-Wing and Flames of War, several board games and RPGs, and a decent trade stand courtesy of local game shop Rift. All in all? Great event, and handily local. And it's only an hour on the train from Kings Cross, folks! Come next time.



2 comments:

  1. Looks like a cracking day there chap and hopefully next year I will try and get to it, just give me a couple of months as to when it is going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I missed it. I was on duty taking my son to a university open day.

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...