Monday 1 January 2018

Happy New Year

...from the Hyatt Place in downtown Minneapolis, where I am killing time till I can head for the airport and home.

Battle reports on a couple of games that happened while I was out here to follow, when I get back and fully awake, but for now.... a quick review of 2017 and plans for 2018.

Operation Get S**t Done progressed... well, a bit. I did make a reasonable attempt at not buying loads more stuff (barring a couple of big KS pledges): major purchases were SP2 forces for the Peninsula and needed buildings and scenery for the club IABSM campaign, and a Nights Watch force for the club Game of Thrones campaign.

The year was made a little fraught and interesting by Amazon deciding to shut LOVEFiLM down, and the ensuing work involved in making it probably the tidiest shutdown ever. I considered a number of options as regards continuing working for a different bit of the company, but in the end the lure of a chance to essentially take a sabbatical for a couple of months was too much to resist. So...

I'm essentially a full time wargamer and writer till, probably, Easter. Top of the list, obviously is to finish the Dux Britanniarum Compendium, followed by several other things. Also, to get back into the habit of blogging regularly, which will, I hope, include being publicly accountable for my time over Q1 of 2018. Given the number of people who very kindly describe this blog as inspiration, I clearly need to get off my duff and live up to that.

Additionally, I'm going to be trying much harder to avoid buying stuff I'll never get to play, and finishing off as much of the Cabinet Of Temporal Insufficiency (to quote Jeff Knusden) as I can. To this end, a bunch of the SP2 lead pile is already at the painters...

Catch you soon, folks!



8 comments:

  1. Enjoy the holiday! I'm looking forward to seeing your Night Watch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year.

    My hopes for 2018 include getting a copy of the Dux Brit scenarios so I especially wish you well with that!

    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best for 2018

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you as well....now get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year.
    Hope the work-situation gets solved in a good way

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey There Mike!
    My name is Joshua Stawiarski Co - Editor Of TalkWargaming.com

    Hope the start to the new year is treating you off right.

    Sorry if this message is presented in a spammy way as I’ve been but a lot of wargamers it seems are hard to contact .

    I wanted to inquire about if you would be interested in selling published content you’ve already created that's on your website to us over here at talkwargaming.com as we are looking to diversify our content to expand our readership.

    If you are interested or have questions we can go over more details at: editortalkwargaming@gmail.com
    Put In The Subject Heading : “ Wargame Creator ”

    Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Sincerely,
    Co - Editor Of talkwargaming.com

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...